Friday, March 19, 2010

A folk dance whose name I forgot.

My friend's daughter had a performance yesterday in front of our town's municipal hall.  It was a sort of a Folk Show which showcases on our tradition.  There were several folk songs that were rendered by the students.  Then, there were a few folk dances that were presented by different schools.  This was one of the most colorful folk dances that I've seen.  But unfortunately, I forgot what this dance is called.

I am one of those people who wish to have our culture transcend through generations.  And I feel very grateful for those people behind these shows who have the patience to teach and the ability to keep the tradition and teach it to the next generation.  I just wish that we do not run out of these people who will keep our tradition and continue to pass it on to the generations to come.

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP