Monday, May 28, 2007

Greek Ship

This Greek ship was said to have been stuck here in Kish Island since 1968. This is a boat they used to trade foods and all during those times. This is docked just a few meters away from the island cafeteria where we stopped. I wonder if, during earlier times, they provide tours inside the ship. I find it kind of eerie and reminded me very much of the movie, "Ghost Ship" which scared me to use the shower for a week. I had to rely to the dipper (tabo) until I got over with it.

The tour guide said that all efforts were made to try and sail the ship out of the island but all failed. So, the Greek government gave it as a gift to the people of the island and to date, it has become a tourist attraction.

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP